2012/05/25

Steam

The mechanism of the reclining airline seat hasn’t changed since I was flying Constellations in the early 1960s. In fact, even the form-factor and feel of the push-button hasn’t changed a bit, a remarkable consistency in the face of so much technological change.

What has changed, though, is the economics of the industry. One response by the airlines has been to order cabin floor plans with the rows closer, and closer, and closer together.

What once was a means to relax and enjoy a long flight has now become nothing short of an assault on the stranger behind you. Reclining a seat is an arrogant, selfish claim of importance and precedence. You are an insufferable moron if you attempt it.

Yes, 24C, I’m talking to you and all your insensitive self-centered ignorant kind. The reason you had so much trouble is that my femurs are exactly the distance between my seat and yours. And I have those old-fashioned non-telescoping kind. Jerk.

— Frenulum

P.S. I never call moronic insensitive jerks “assholes” because I quite admire assholes. Many are pretty and all are useful. Unlike, in both respects, 24C.

No comments:

Post a Comment