2011/06/02

Ladies’ choice

Men who clamor for a sequel to Neighborly do so for a pretty straightforward reason: they want more sex with characters they enjoyed (see the post Popular sequels).

Women readers also have a story that leaves them demanding, asking, or even begging for more: Earning Her Tuition.

What’s fascinating, though, is that they don’t want to read more of the student/college/producer/studio story. The ladies consistently plead for one particular sequel: the fourth movie.

You will perhaps recall that Corinna made three films for Handprint, and at the end of the story had returned to ask Mr. Browning to make one more film with her: a very specific scene with a very suggestive scenario.

What my readers are asking for, in large numbers, is the tale of a girl who is sent to her bedroom for a spanking — and, because of Handprint’s formula, a blow job and a facial.

I leave the exact rôles unspoken, but there can be no doubt that it would be a father-daughter scene. (Which, by the way, is a guarantee that I won’t write it.) I continue to wonder at the reason for the strong interest amongst my readers.

The theme of Earning Her Tuition is at heart Corinna’s relationship with her father. He is the one she dreads to disappoint; he is the one whose pride at her college admission still shines in her mind. He is the quietly authoritative figure she looks up to, and carries as a model for the kind of man she can admire and love. He is the reliable strength she is thinking of when she says:

It makes me think of being out in the field back home, with a strong wind blowing so hard you can kind of lean against it.

We know that Corinna was not spanked at home. I assert that there was nothing but fillial love between her and her father. She wants to make the bedroom scene not because it represents the relationship she wishes she had with her father, but because he is the archetype of the lover she does desire.

Could it be Doug Browning? The only way to know would be to write a sequel.

— Frenulum

3 comments:

  1. You state, quite firmly, that you won't write a father/daughter spanking scene. Or, perhaps you were referring to the subsequent sexual contact? I'd be interested in your reasoning/rationale in either case.

    Do you feel the same way about father/son, mother/son, or mother/daughter scenes? (Have you answered one or more of those questions in stories I've either not read, or have forgotten?)

    I have no personal animus against parental spanking . . . or, for that matter, against parent/child sexual contact IF it can be done for the correct reasons, in the correct context, with proper preparation, and with mutual agreement and respect amongst all parties involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogspot has eaten three attempts to reply to this. Argh.

    I had a long answer, but the root is this: I write the stories that swirl through my imagination, and I just don’t fantasize about parent/child incest. If it’s not in my head it won’t see print.

    In real life I do not condone parent/child spanking. The child is powerless to consent to it, so I deem it abusive. In stories, sometimes I play with spanking edge-of-adulthood girls, by men in loco parentis. Neighborly and Lust For Elsa are examples.

    As to answering your questions elsewhere, see my index page under themes that are and are not found in my stories: I mention that episodes of incest are limited to sisters. There is one published work in that category, Neighborly, and just one other in my WIP folder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I understand and respect your position (and I commiserate with you over the "eaten" attempts).

    ReplyDelete